Mamas Don't Get Sick Days


I woke up yesterday feeling like I might have a little cold. It felt pretty minor, so I wasn’t too concerned. I assumed it would pass and carried on with life.

But this morning - WHAM!!! My head is apparently filled with bricks (no saracsm necessary here), I’m walking around with a roll of toilet paper (of course we’re out of kleenex right now) and my hands are on the verge of cracking from washing them 1,000 times. I’m daydreaming of lying in bed with some kind of spicy soup, watching cheesy movies and dozing in and out of sleep. It feels like one good day of rest would squash this cold and get me back on my feet...

Alas, that’s not how it works in mommyland. You don’t get sick days at this job, and there are little ones who need breakfast/diaper changes/outfits/teeth brushed/play time/lunch/diapers/play time, etc., etc.

So, I’m going to get my hot tea, stuff some toilet paper in my back pocket, and carry on.

And maybe be just a little bit tempted to bump bedtime up an hour tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment