Sugar Free


About this time every year, I find the motivation to challenge myself. Last year, it was carving out time to work out. That one simple change in life has done wonders. Yes, you may still find me with matted hair and in sweatpants 3 hours after my workout (on the days when my kids forbid an immediate shower), but I have found it fruitful anyway. More energy, less stress, and a sense of accomplishment.

So what’s this year’s challenge? Though my heart is sinking a little as I write this, I’ve decided that the sugar has to go.

Sigh.

I have a terrible sweet tooth. And there is something cathartic about a cookie on an especially stressful day. That nice sugar rush seems to make all problems disappear. Or, at least delayed. Or, at least manageable.

But, the common sense in me tells me that sugar just isn’t good. And sometimes you get an instinct about what you need, and what you really don’t. It’s not going to be easy to make this change. But then, what change ever is?


No comments:

Post a Comment